Friday, March 11, 2011

Get Your Brooks in Order

Yes, Brooks! Geraldine Brooks. One of my faves and yours will be releasing via Harper Collins a new book in May for Kindle: Caleb's Crossing. The early blurbs say the book focuses on a native American who attends Harvard in the 1600's and becomes the first Native American to graduate from the school. Early reviews promise magic and beauty - all which we expect from Brooks writing. Unfortunately no ARCs have been forthcoming so I do not have juicy details or the low down on the book.
Should you pre-order this book for your Kindle? It is difficult to say without having reviewed the book myself. I would almost say yes based on the author alone... but you never know. We have been sadly surprised before. Instead, I recommend you get your Brooks in order - go back and reread earlier Geraldine Brooks books. They are lovely. The People of the Book and March are two of my all time favorites. Year of Wonders is a perfect novel.
Geraldine Brooks also writes non-fiction: The Nine Parts of Desire and Foreign Correspondence.
You can be sure I will review Caleb's Crossing as soon as I am able to read the book. I can't wait! Meanwhile...I am off to get my Brooks in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment