Thursday, March 24, 2011

Buy Kindle Ebook on UK Amazon







Oh, Amazon...why, why, why can we not just click and purchase ebooks from your UK store, (or the US store if you live in the UK)? I am sure there are reasons for the separation but what do we do when the book we want is only available on the other country's site?

I recently had a deep yearning to read The Salt Road. I went to download it on my Kindle and the book was not available. I checked to see if Amazon had hard copies of the book and discovered I would need to purchase it from a associate. This meant I would not get the book for a week or longer.

That did not ease my yearning so I scanned the web to see if their were other options. The Salt Road popped up as an ebook in the UK Amazon store. Yea!!! Unfortunately, I soon discovered I cannot download books from Amazon Kindle while living and registered with a US address.

There had to be a way around this. After searching for answers I discovered that I could reset my home country under the 'manage your kindle' to UK and provide a UK address. This would allow me to purchase the ebook. But I don't have a UK address. Thank goodness I have a friend who does. I emailed my friend and asked for her permission than entered her address in the UK and changed my home country.

I clicked and purchased the book at the UK site. It worked!! after the book downloaded I reset my address and home country and was ready to read.

Can you do this only if you have a friend in England? Looks that way unless you have another method of getting a UK address. I am sure some people use addresses without permission but I cannot advocate that- too deceptive for me.

I enjoyed The Salt Road. It is a big epic tale, a mystery and love story that flashes between past and present. You can perform some acrobatics and purchase the book from the UK site.

You can download Jane Johnson's other exciting book - The Tenth Gift - from the US Amazon store. This is the book that got me interested in The Salt Road. What a read. This book is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment