Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Even Kindle Lovers Have to Eat

Searching book and author blogs is a habit, or maybe a time-killer, of mine. However, I do occasionally come up with fascinating info. Today, I decided to search for the the author of the book The Dog Who Ate the Truffle.



What a fantastic name for a book. I bet this one caught the editor's eye from the slush pile. The author, Suzanne Carreiero, is a foodie supreme. The first page - the home page of her web site features delicious recipes.

For example, Tuscan Tomato and Bread Soup: Pappa al Pomodoro. This lovely Italian dish is a combination of Italian bread, tomatoes, garlic, and other spices. The recipe includes easy instructions and photos.

Carreiero has other pages of interest on her website and does showcase her writing. The Dog Who Ate My Truffle takes a unique look at the recipes, culture, and traditions of Umbria. Reviews across many of the most respected websites give her an A plus - both as a chef and a writer.

I'm off to purchse the ingrediants for my Pappa al Pomodoro. Italian night at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment