Friday, December 2, 2011

New Fiction Kindle and More

What a week we have had. On Tuesday morning we awoke to one of the most beautiful early snows I have ever witnessed. The ground was too warm for the snow to stick around for long but it flocked the trees and buildings making our mountain look like a wonderland. I missed snow so much when traveling post to post with my military husband - we always seemed to end up along a southeastern coast  or the gulf coast, poor me, huh - and now that he has retired and we have moved back to my southern mountain hometown to restore my grandparents old home I get excited every time it snows.



We have had a busy week with our My So Called Kindle Life Kares charity gearing up for Christmas in the local schools. Sorry this post is late but here are some new releases for the week (read below about some of these new releases):

And don't forget #fridayreads on Twitter. My book is Queen of America which I talak about below....not too much though as I am in the middle of book-love! You know, that first blush of love when you are not ready to tell the world. It's that good so far...



The Alpine Winter by Mary Daheim
An Amish Wedding by Beth Wiseman
Angel of Darkness by Cynthia Eden
Dead by Nightfall by Beverly Barton
Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews
Hunter of Shadows by Nancy Gideon
Legend by Marie Lu
Lifestyles of the Rich and Shameless by Kiki Swinson
The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon
Silver Sparks by Starr Ambrose
Queen of America by Luis Alberto Urrea
Vampires Dead Ahead by Cheyenne McCray
Within the Flames by Majorie Lui
You're Not the One by Alexandra Potter

Legend by Marie Lu is a  young adult novel that adults will enjoy as well. It is an awesome gift for any young adults you will be shopping for this holiday season. Why? While Legend does not leave me as breathless as The Hunger Games trilogy, it will thrill fans of The Hunger Games. With the The Hunger Games movie coming out soon, all of you fans will enjoy reading this just because it is hard to find books with this type of adventure, made-up worlds that work. Legend follows a young hero to the people, Day, who is wanted by the government. Set in the far future you will get involved in the world building - I actually wish there was more of it, but I know there are more books in the series coming out so hopefully we will discover more about this crazy world Lu has dreamed up.

In Legend, Day is pursued by the government's top 'agent' who happens to be a young women with amazing skills...should I tell you more? No, you will want to download this one on kindle or by the book!

The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon is a real treat for any of her fans, me included, who wait for her next Outlander series book like we wait wait for no other author! The Scottish Prisoner does give us a little extra stocking stuffer with a peek at the next in the Outlander series, so if you have not been following this series of Gabaldon's work you will want to download The Scottish Prisoner to your kindle or buy the book for this treat! Plus, you won't be disappointed. The Scottish Prisoner keeps us sated with Jamie Fraser and Lord John....a little back story is always good, right?

I have been waiting for Queen of America by Luis Alberto Urrea and downloaded it to my kindle Tuesday morning. I loved The Hummingbird's Daughter by this author and Queen of America is a continuation of that story. It follows Teresita Urrea, a mystical healer and known as the 'Saint of Cabora' as she flees from Mexico to the US - Arizona. But she cannot leave her past - the spiritual leader of the Mexican revolution behind! Teresita is beloved by pilgrims and hunted by assassins. Urrea travels take us through turn-of-the-century America and more. This happens to be my #fridayread if you are following us on twitter! So, just to let you know, I am loving it and will tell you more about it soon. But, don't wait for me, this is one you will want to read now!!

What are reading? Let us know. And, if you have a book you would like us to post for release we will be happy to do it - email us or leave a comment.

And, did I mention we are busy getting ready for a big Christmas season with My So Called Kindle Life Kares? I will post again soon about what we are doing with the schools we help and the kids we love! This is an awesome season for us to get books into the hands of kids - great books that will inspire them to read. We are also gifting classrooms and schools with Kindles and working with the schools to get some kindles to the families of children who might not otherwise have any Christmas gifts. We have ideas and we would love any ideas you have!

As always, a big thanks to everyone who has hit that little paypal button at the top of the blog. We can't do this without you!


No comments:

Post a Comment