Wednesday, November 16, 2011

New Fiction Releases Week of Nov 15 Kindle Hardback More

It is new releases time. Of course, it is November, and we are all still waiting for big releases for the Christmas season - or great reading for the days we have off during the holidays. Some of the biggies have already been released, but more are on the way. Sadly, this was not a week for a huge number of releases. But, there are some interesting releases that will sell big and download to kindle in high numbers.

I hope everyone read the post about #fridayreads on facebook and twitter on Friday's. It is an excellent way to see what everyone is reading - because you know we are all nosey like that, I love to look at other people's book covers or ask what they are reading on Kindle - and #fridayreads also gives you great book ideas for books you may have missed.

My #fridayread last weekend was A Dark and Lonely Place by Edna Buchanan, an author many of you had been telling me to read. Wow, what a great book to start with. I will most defiantly be putting her back list on  my 'to read' list, which seems to grow every minute. This book was so fantastic I finished it way before the weekend was over and started on another recommendation - Dining with Joy. I love foodie fiction just about as much as I love a novel about the south. I don't know how I missed this one. I immediately emailed the author, Rachel Hauck, and she has said she will comment on our blog once I get the review of her book up...

And now, on to a sample of some just released fiction. As always, if you know of any nonfiction or fiction you would like me to post please let me know...

The Angel Esmeralda by Don Delillo
Bones Under the Beach Hut by Simon Brett
Dollhouse by Kim Kardashian
KBL by John Weisman
Kill Alex Cross by James Paterson
Our Man in the Dark by Rashad Harrison
The Silver Lotus by Thomas Steinbeck
V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton

What is the down low on some of these books? A few of them are self-explanatory... we all know and love Sue Grafton and James Patterson. Their books, Kill Alex Cross and V is for Vengeance will be instant bestsellers, great holiday reads for us, and great gifts.

But, what about some of the other books on the list? KBL? This is a novel based on the true event of the death of Ben Laden - KBL...Kill Ben Laden. Okay, I am sure this will be a big seller too. It was a huge pre-order.

Dollhouse is by the Kardashian sisters. On some sites it  is listed as being written y Kim and on others as being written by Kim, Kourtney, and Kloe. The previews give me the impression that the book is a novel about their lives. Another big seller. Look how big their E! TV show is - my Harley riding brother and sister and law are addicted. I guess this could be a Christmas present!

The Silver Lotus is on my SOON to read list. It is listed for fans of Amy Tan, Patrick, O'Brien and Lisa See. Author Thomas Steinbeck's website says he is the oldest son of John Steinbeck - yes, that John Steinbeck. The Silver Lotus follows American Merchant Captain Jeremiah Macy Hammond as he travels throughout the new world trading and facing pirates and more. Along the way he meets Lady Yee, The Silver Lotus, and a great love affair begins. Readers will follow the two across the trading routes of the Pacific Rim and learn about the foundation of the Northern Cali coast. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to read it before I do. I definitely think it is a download it now book.


No comments:

Post a Comment